Highlighted
Patrice1 Contributor.
Contributor.

The configuration check failed. Error 12:8022

hello team,

I have a problem, when I try to add vCenter to my virtual backup environment, I get  this error message ''The configuration check failed. Error 12:8022''.Please help me

Regards,

patrice

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The configuration check failed. Error 12:8022

Hello @Patrice1

Have you added the user that have permissions to the vCenter into DP as admin? 

This will help, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Patrice1 Contributor.
Contributor.

Yes I use the administrator account (Administrator@vsphere.local) with all rights,

and it works randomly, a time it work and another time it generates the error message cited in object.Please your help

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you able to configure the backup or the error import the vCenter does not allow you to do that? 

Remember to add the user (administrator@vsphere.local) into DP admin users. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Patrice1 Contributor.
Contributor.

When I try to add the vCenter client to schedule backups, I get the error message  ''The configuration check failed. Error 12:8022''.

I added the admin account that has the right on vCenter (administrator@vsphere.local)  in the admin group of DP

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What user is running the Inet in the backup host? Make sure that this user has permissions on the VMware side. 

Check that this user has all the permissions listed in this link under Import and configure VMware clients, step 4

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.05/VMwareConfigureIntegration

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.