New Member.. dchallen
New Member..

The specified user group 'admin' does not exist. When trying to add new user to a fresh installation

Jump to solution

The is a fresh installation of Data Protector 10.40 on RHEL 7 (fully updated). When trying to add a user with any of the predefined DP groups (admin, user, or operator), I get the message: The specified user group 'admin' does not exist.

Here I demonstrate the problem using the example copy/pasted from the CLI reference guide:

[root@adearc01 ~]# /opt/omni/bin/omnicc -ver
Micro Focus Data Protector A.10.40: OMNICC, internal build 118, built on Tue 21 May 2019 09:50:46 BST
[root@adearc01 ~]# cat /etc/opt/omni/server/users/ClassSpec
CLASS admin
PERMISSION -1
DESCRIPTION "Administrator Class"

CLASS operator
PERMISSION 550911
DESCRIPTION "Operator"

CLASS user
PERMISSION 32
DESCRIPTION "Simple User Class"

[root@adearc01 ~]# for group in admin operator user ; do
> omniusers -add -type U -name root -usergroup $group -group \* -client client.company.com
> done

The specified user group 'admin' does not exist.

The specified user group 'operator' does not exist.

The specified user group 'user' does not exist.

I have tried reinstalling the whole of DP, but that has made no difference.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The specified user group 'admin' does not exist. When trying to add new user to a fresh installa

Jump to solution

Hello @dchallen

This error means that users and groups have not been migrated to Keycloak: 

I am sure that if you run omniusers -list you will receive nothing, just skip the line. 

So you need to run the migration manually:

/opt/omni/bin/perl /opt/omni/sbin/userMigrate.pl

After that, you will be able to run the omniusers -add command. 

Best regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: The specified user group 'admin' does not exist. When trying to add new user to a fresh installa

Jump to solution

Hello @dchallen

This error means that users and groups have not been migrated to Keycloak: 

I am sure that if you run omniusers -list you will receive nothing, just skip the line. 

So you need to run the migration manually:

/opt/omni/bin/perl /opt/omni/sbin/userMigrate.pl

After that, you will be able to run the omniusers -add command. 

Best regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
New Member.. dchallen
New Member..

Jump to solution
Running the user migration fixed the problem exactly as you described. Thank you very much.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
I am really glad to know that this worked.
Hope you have a great day ahead.
Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.