Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

Unable to Import Linux Reporting Server into CM (10.40)

New Data Protector CM (10.40, Windows 2016), Linux IS (Centos7), supposed to act as reporting server, too

No problems with installation, but import fails after pressing "Validate" with "Data could not be fetched".

Iptables are cleared. We checked communication between CM and RS with tcpdump, and there is some traffic, so no basic network problem. Test with  RS on Windows server was without problems.

Incidently, same error occurs when invalid credentials are used. 

Any ideas, anybody?

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Unable to Import Linux Reporting Server into CM (10.40)

Hi @scotty,

I have seen something similar some time ago. Have you installed the Reporting Server using omnisetup.sh -RS -reportingusername Administrator -reportingpasswd mypassword or similar?

I found that -reportingpasswd does not validate the password properly (complexity). As a result a very simple password can be used and will be rejected during the import into the Cell Manager.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @scotty,
Remember to configure the secure comm between both servers: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_peer <hostname>
Regards,
Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Victor_F_DP,

From what I have seen secure communication is not required between a RS and the CM unless it is also used for other components such as a Disk Agent.

@scotty: Please refer to the server.log in the AppServer log directory on the Reporting Server and Cell Manager during the import. Have you been able to make this work now?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I have used secure comm between the CM and RS and solved a couple of issues in the past. 

So, it can work. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

What was the solution?

I Try in Server Linux and Windows, i not have sucess.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @EdPelegrini

Confirm that name resolution and connection to ports is open from CM to RS.

Configure the secure comm between both servers too: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_peer hostname

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

The name resolution and connection ports its works.

i run the command omnicc -secure_comm -configure_peer hostname configure sucessfully.

but is the same error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The user rsdb is the user for the RS Database. When you install it you should specify another user, the one used in the OS. For example Administrator in Windows or root in Linux. 

Try with that user. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

I'm trying this, but same error.

first i'm remove with omnisetup -delete, and reinstall with the command.

./omnisetup.sh -RS -reportingusername root -reportingpasswd *********@_* -reportingport 8443 -reportingdbport 5432

but when try import show the same error "Data could not be fetched. "

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I will suggest to open a support case to share logs. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @EdPelegrini,

Please try not using -reportingpasswd when installing Reporting Server. Maybe you're using a too simple password. I have seen related problems in the past.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.