Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to browse instances 12:8102

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have HP DP 6.1 running on server 2008. It is configured to backup my exchange 2003 store's on a windows 2003 machine. We are moving the exchange enviroment to a new (virtual) server (same os, same exchange version). No I want to add the new exchange store to HP Dataprotector, but are getting the error : "unable to browse instances 12:8102" I have checked the Data protector Inet service and that looks OK.

Any tips?

Regards,

EP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi EP,

This can happen if the Exchange 'bin' directory hasn't been included in the path of the Exchange server.

Check that the PATH variable of the Exchange server contains this entry, for example C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin - if it doesn't, add it and reboot the Exchange server.

Hope this helps.

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi EP,

This can happen if the Exchange 'bin' directory hasn't been included in the path of the Exchange server.

Check that the PATH variable of the Exchange server contains this entry, for example C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin - if it doesn't, add it and reboot the Exchange server.

Hope this helps.

John

------------------
Kudos gratefully accepted - How to assign...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi John,

The path was included, but I moved it to more to the front of the path line, and now it is working.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

EP

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I had the same problem, adding the Exchsrvr/bin folder to the PATH variable and restarting the Data Protecor Inet service fixed it.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What do you mean the PATH variable?

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Hi Marc,

The path variable when you would execute 'set' from command line.

Best regards
Daniel
-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have a same issue.

What do u mean by:  I moved it to more to the front of the path line

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I have same trouble when data protector inet service account occasionally deleted from server local administrators group. 

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hello

I DataProtector A.06.20 , when I want to add a backup routine for a SQL database not our instances of SQL and gives the following error: 12: 8102 Unable to browse instances

port 5555 is open

reinstall agents ok

Data Protector inet service is up

someone known to cause this error?

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Hi Experts

I am using Data Protector A.10.00 and after integarating MS Exchange Server when I try to take backup using GUI  and select client then try to select application database it prompt a message " Unable to browse instance 12:8102 " .

Where I need to add the Exchange 'bin' directory  path or what is the solution of this problem in this case.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.