Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to do anything using DP5.1 GUI

Hi,

I am unable to do any operation on DP 5.1 GUI.
I am getting a error message

"Cannot open database. Somebody is running omnidbcheck or omnidbutil command!"

I am not running any of the above said commands.

Can some one help me on this? , it will be much appriciated.

Regards
Raja
0 Likes
17 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have stopped DP services and killed all the DP related process in task manager.

Cleared all the temp files.

There is no active sessions , checked through omnisv -status, tried clearing omnidbutil - clear.

No improvement same error.

Raja
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I am getting the error message in the DP eventlog as below.
"

[138:706] Corruption in the "Catalog Database" part of the Data Protector Internal Database has been detected ("[12:10900] Detail Catalog Database Internal Error.").

Description:
An unexpected condition has occurred while accessing the DCBF part of the
Data Protector Internal Database.

Actions:
* Check the debug.log if it contains some more details on the reported failure.
* Check the Internal Database and then recover it if required. See the
online Help topic "IDB Consistency Check" or chapter "Managing the Data Protector
Internal Database" in the HP OpenView Storage Data Protector Administrator's Guide. "

Regards
Raja

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rajavelu

I had the same problem in DP 5.10 and also in DP 5.50. The problem was solved when I've checked the login credentials for the "DataProtector CRS" Service.

This account didn't had the right credentials.
I've made a new 'system' account, granted it Logon as a service rights and restarted the "DataProtector CRS" Service with this new account.

In my case: Problem solved!

Regards, Harm...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, in my case it was a IDB corruption. Had to restore from backup. HP was not able to find the reason, yet.

Thanks
Raja
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I have the same problem with DP 6.0

Tomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I was having the same problem with DP6. Creating and using the local account for the CRS service seems to have corrected it. Make sure, however, that the local account used is also added to the local administrators group prior to starting the services.
Live life everyday
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.