trilok_pvp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to take backup of Client Servers

Hi All,

I am able to take the backup of the server, which the server has running the OMNI package.
Its working fine. But when i add the client servers in Openview and start backup. it takes lot of time to take the backup.

For Ex - 10MB file, it takes nearly 8 to 9 mins. i need to take full backup of the server nearly 25 GB data.

Pls suggest on this. i need to take the full backup of the servers.

Regards
Trilok

0 Likes
11 Replies
Russell.Wood Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to take backup of Client Servers

Is the tape drive local or remote to the server being backed up?

If remote, then what sort of connectivity is there between the server and the tape device?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

All are in same network, For 1 GB data it is taking nearly 20 hours. I need take 50 GB Data urgent. Pls suggest on this
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi

I tried to move the a sample 2 mb file through ftp, it takes 2 mins to transfer. How to check the FTP settings.
0 Likes
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Trilok, if you are having problems transfering small files in the same network, then you have serious network problems, verify the switchs and cable conectivity.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I check that, When i transfer the file from openview server to client through ftp, it transfers fast. when the same files copy from client to server, its copying slowly.

I check it with my sys admin, switch side it is showing 100% FULL DUP.

When i check the settings of the card. It displays full duplex

root:asterix:/>lanadmin -x 0
Speed = 100 Full-Duplex.
Autonegotiation = Off.
Memory fault(coredump)
0 Likes
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If copy from server to client is fast but from client to server is slow, there must be something in the midle, perhaps client firewall.

What about transfering from this client to another computer? not to the penview server.

Wich data protector version are you using?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi

When i try to copy a 10MB file form the Openview server to any of the client, it transfers wihin a sec. The same file from any of the client to the openview server, it takes nealry 9 to 10 mins in same network.

When i take backup of the server, its working fine. when i take a backup of the any of the client server, it takes lot of time.

All backup jobs are pending. Yesterday i sheduled a backup for 1 GB, To complete the backup it take 20 Hours.
0 Likes
OldSchool Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Regarding "When i try to copy a 10MB file form the Openview server to any of the client, it transfers wihin a sec. The same file from any of the client to the openview server, it takes nealry 9 to 10 mins in same network."

So if A is the "openview" server, B and C are other servers in the network, then you're saying:

A -> B fast
A -> C fast
A <- B slow
A <- C slow

where the file is copied by ftp or dp? Is that correct?

If so, you've got issues with the underlying network and it not really a DP problem (DP is showing symptoms of the problem.

Switch settings / NIC setting mis-matches still sound likely.....
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

What it correct. Only to A, reciving is the problem.

A <- B slow
A <- C slow

I checked it with my netwrok team, they told network side no issues. I find the NIC settings, all are same, except the Auto Neg=OFF in A.

0 Likes
OldSchool Absent Member.
Absent Member.

refer to your other thread here:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1393940

you've been told repeatedly that if AUTONEG is ON on one side, it must be enabled the same on the other side and any switches. (See Rick Jone's reply). And in your case, that's not been done......

Basically, on 100BT if AUTONEG is on anywhere, is must be on everywhere.

and, once again, this isn't a DP issue, you've got network problems.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi,

The thing, from remote i can do the change it Network (Enabling the Auto Neg=ON). Pls suggest the where we need to change it. It will effect any other netwrok issues.

Its a production Server. After enabling if it ot ON, telnet or server is not pinging, it will be a probelm to fix it from remote.

pls suggest
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.