Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. NasaDave Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Unattended DP 10.40 client upgrade

Looking for guidance or instructions on how to upgrade Data Protector client to 10.40.

Found some other discussion information about unattended installation, with regard to version 5.5.

Looking for updated information.

Running into issues with exporting installation server and ADR failure. (See Image) Also accepting the Cell Manager certificate fingerprint.

msiexec /i "Data Protector A.10.40.msi" /qb INSTALLATIONTYPE=Client CELLNAME=CellManager.FQDN

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jenni_S Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Unattended DP 10.40 client upgrade

Are you trying to upgrade the client version from DP5.5 to DP10.40? That won't work well, the versions are too different.....

What OS's are you running this on? Have you confirmed that they are supported in DP10.40?

Have you checked/confirmed that the pre-req VS and UCRT patches are def installed on the clients you are trying to upgrade?

regards,
jenni

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, please click on KUDOS!
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor..

No, trying to upgrade from DP9.04. The DP5.5 example was just the only example that could be found anywhere for Unattended Installing.

We have some systems that don't have firewall access to the Installation Server. Looking for alternate method of deploying that doesn't require directly logging in.

Cell Manager is Windows 2012 R2.

Clients are Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016.

Pre-req VS and UCRT patches are installed, running into the 2008 R2 issue.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

After upgrade install from CLI you will need to create certificate and import host manually using omnicc command.

Upgrade
csetup.exe -quiet REINSTALL=core,da,autodr,cc,ma,StoreOnceSoftware REINSTALLMODE=vemus MAINTANANCEINSTALLATION=1 -patch PATCH_INFO=DPWINBDL_01004

Installation:
csetup -quiet INSTALLATIONTYPE=Client INSTALLDIR="C:\program files\OmniBack" Programdata="C:\Program Data\OmniBack" DBAction=Install AddLocal=core,vepa,vss CellName=dataprotector

For remove DP client by CLI command may be used:
csetup -quiet INSTALLATIONTYPE=Client INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\OmniBack" Programdata="c:\ProgramData\OmniBack" REMOVE=ALL

and for remove individual DP components:

csetup -quiet INSTALLATIONTYPE=Client INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\OmniBack" Programdata="c:\ProgramData\OmniBack" REMOVE=ma,StoreOnceSoftware

Best regards,

Frequent Contributor..

That's an awesome start!

Where did you find this documented?

For the upgrade, I was moving from 9.08 to 10.40...

• the REINSTALL clause would be unique on a per-client bases. Wondering if there is a way to have it generic?
  • there isn't a -PATCH_INFO version yet. Is this OK?
  • what does 'vemus' mean?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi NasaDave

I have got information from internal documents and executing upgrade\install in debug mode, checking debugs you can see all variable and options used.

• what does 'vemus' mean?

For to be honest no idea about the meaning but is needed.

• there isn't a -PATCH_INFO version yet. Is this OK?

As you are using major release 10.40 (not patch bundle) I guess that this variable can be ignored anyway you will need test it.

• the REINSTALL clause would be unique on a per-client bases. Wondering if there is a way to have it generic?

Not sure if I understand well your question, if you need to upgrade several client I guess the best is prepare .bat file using command options.

Best Regards

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.