Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Unexpected close reading NET message => aborting.

Hi,

My CellManager DP6.0/RedHat Linux is in Intranet, disk agents and media agents are in DMZ and run Debian Linux.

Since recently I get the following errors for some of hosts.

[Critical] From: VBDA@dmzdiskagent.company.com "/filesystem" Time: 02.07.2010 04:19:33
Unexpected close reading NET message => aborting.

[Critical] From: VBDA@dmzdiskagent.company.com "/filesystem" Time: 02.07.2010 04:19:33
Connection to Media Agent broken => aborting.

In three last days I got the same messages from the same two hosts, each has the same failing file system, the other file systems can be backed up. Earlier the error appeared for some other hosts.

As I undrestand, the problem is between Disk Agent and Media Agent. I understand that the reason may be related to OS Issues or network issues. Switch ports do not show errors.

Could you share some ideas about debuggung (e.g. a way of running DP extensive logging, Linux-level debugging etc.).

Thanks and points in advance!

Best regards,
Mihails
KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Is there anything changed on the FW (port settings). By default the DA and MA use random ports to send there data to the cell manager.

To configure fixed ports you must change the value in the omnirc file on the host.

value to change are:

OB2PORTRANGE
OB2PORTRANGESPEC

Dany
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

most probable cause is network related.If i were you,i check the network or ask my colleagues from the network department.

Regards,
Robert
If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life , to repress their personality. That's not living,it's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

1. There is no firewall between DA and MA, they are on the same DMZ segment.

2. I'm responsible for that part of network, I should ask myself. 🙂

3. I was interested in DataProtector debugging.

4. I'm going to open a support case.

Thank you.

BR,
Mihails
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

check your GUI and go to file in the upper left,check preferences and then debug.Range specifications from 1-500 will provide you enough info,select a name for the debugs and select "use this option for next start".Then restart and find the dubugs, after the job is finished,in the tmp dir in your DP home folder.

Regards,
Robert
If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life , to repress their personality. That's not living,it's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks to everyone. I got an official reply from HP support that Debian 4.0 Disk Agents are not supported by DP 6.0. I'm going to upgrade to DP 6.11. I hope that the errors will disappear.

Mihails
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Mihails,

Please let us know if upgrading the HPDP has solced your problem. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.