Respected Contributor.. MurtuzaS Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Users list showing empty DP Console

Jump to solution

Dears,

Suddenly user list is showing empty under dp console and command prompt. We are using data protector 10.20 on windows 2016. However, all users are visible under keycloak console.

Kindly let us know if anyone faced same issue and how it was resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Murtuza

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor..

Re: Users list showing empty DP Console

Jump to solution

Dear @Sebastian.Koehler @Victor_F_DP @JBasilio ,

Issue resolved by Micro Focus support team by generating certificate under "C:\Program Files\OmniBack\jre\lib\security"

Thank you all for the support

Regards

Murtuza

10 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello @MurtuzaS,

I have not seens this before. Do you have a screenshot of the Data Protector Users context for us? I would check if someone corrupted the Userlist file by manual editing it. So looking at the file timestamps could help. Check the file content for obvious errors and special characters inside the file. When did this start? After the upgrade or later?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Sebastian,

I have attached screenshot, i have noticed couple of weeks back. Certainly it had happened sometime later.

Regards

Murtuza

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @MurtuzaS,

Can you please check the files classspec and UserList in C:ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\users for possible corruption. Can you confirm that omniusers -list does not display anything?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @MurtuzaS , 

I have seen this before. The key on that was that omniusers -list was empty. 

Is strange that GUI opens. But anyway. 

I solved it running this script: 

Windows
Program Files\OmniBack\bin\perl.exe userMigrate.pl

Unix
/opt/omni/bin/./perl /opt/omni/sbin/./userMigrate.pl

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP,

They should check the files first. If there is an corruption (or special characters in the Userlist file) the user migration will fail or at least throw errors. Since there are users in keycloak already I would suspect something with the files.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler , 

I tried to recreate this, but even making wrong additions on userlist and even deleting it, the error does not appear. 

Remember that users on DP 10.x are getting from KeyCloack directly, not from userlist file. If we add an user on the userlist without migrating it, does not appears on the GUI.

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP / @Sebastian.Koehler 

Userslist is showing empty in command prompt as well.

I have verified UserList and classpec file under "ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\users" does not look any corruption and no special character found.

Moreover, i have tried to execute the script as "Andres" have suggested, however that too failed.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Murtuza

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

Please log a support case for this issue, it will need a remote session with L3\CPE engineer for to check your environment. The root of issue can be a wrong certificate entry or DpKeyCloakuser database issue.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi @JBasilio,

We have already logged the case.

Thanks

Murtuza

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Dear @Sebastian.Koehler @Victor_F_DP @JBasilio ,

Issue resolved by Micro Focus support team by generating certificate under "C:\Program Files\OmniBack\jre\lib\security"

Thank you all for the support

Regards

Murtuza

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.