Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
rgb99 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

VM Template Backup Over SAN?

Jump to solution

I am using Data Protector 10.02 with VMware 6.5 U2.

I have the "template LUN" zoned to the VEproxy server, however, when backing up VM templates, the transport mode is always NBDSSL. Is it possible to backup via SAN? How?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: VM Template Backup Over SAN?

Jump to solution
Hi,
Unfortunately, it's not possible. It's a limitation. Please refer to https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:10.03/Integrate/VMware/c01-s04backup

A template backup in the SAN transport mode is not supported

Best regards
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi,
Unfortunately, it's not possible. It's a limitation. Please refer to https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:10.03/Integrate/VMware/c01-s04backup

A template backup in the SAN transport mode is not supported

Best regards
0 Likes
Silva Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I am using DP 10.03 and observe that, VMware VADP backup does not using SAN transport, but the other used.

Virtual Machine 'abcyxz': Backing up ...
Disk: scsi0:1
Transport method: SAN
Disk buffer: 8 MB

Disk: scsi0:1
Transport method: NBDSSL
Disk buffer: 1 MB

All OB2BAR_VEPA_BARVEPALIB_VMWARE and BMA Client are the same, (in both backup spec). What should check in this case? to make sure backup using SAN for saving time?

0 Likes
rgb99 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

@Silva, I suggest opening a new thread for this question. The solution to my question has already been provided. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.