Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In failed

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need some assistance I get the following error when I try to install the GRE client on the virtual centre server.

[Critical]

<zursrvbkp01.fqm.internal> Post-reinstallation script for the VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In failed with the output:

D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>perl -I "..\lib\perl" vmwgre_wp.pl -install

There was a problem during VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In installation. Check if the target system has VMware vCenter Server installed and configured.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I got it to work follow all the instructions in the manual and re-imported the vCentre server and it was working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I got it to work follow all the instructions in the manual and re-imported the vCentre server and it was working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Nolan,

I am facing the same error message and have a support case open with HP for more than a week now without success.  I have tried following the VMWare GRE guide but still this error prevents the web plug-in from being properly registered on the Virtcenter server so that we do not see the expected tab in the vSphere client interface.

Could you please be more specific as to exactly what steps you took when it worked or what you did differently compared to the your first attempt(s) when the error was generated?

I find the documentation for this integration very ambiguous and not very helpful in clarifying what accounts should be used or what order things need to be performed for a successful deployment of this integration so every bit of real-world experience you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.