Absent Member.
Absent Member.

VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need some assistance I get the following error when I try to install the GRE client on the virtual centre server.

[Critical]

<zursrvbkp01.fqm.internal> Post-reinstallation script for the VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In failed with the output:

D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>perl -I "..\lib\perl" vmwgre_wp.pl -install

There was a problem during VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In installation. Check if the target system has VMware vCenter Server installed and configured.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got it to work follow all the instructions in the manual and re-imported the vCentre server and it was working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please read the pdf GRExtensionVMWARE carefully. You will find the following under troubleshooting P.83

===================

Check if the C:\Program Files
(x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\tomcat\webapps\VMWareGRE folder exists.
If it exists, remove it. The VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices service
should create a new folder automatically. Run the script:
Data_Protector_home\bin\vmwgre_wp.cmd
If folder does not exist, VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices is probably
not started. Start it, check that the folder is created and run the script:
Data_Protector_home\bin\vmwgre_wp.cmd.

====================

BTW: I had the same problem.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got it to work follow all the instructions in the manual and re-imported the vCentre server and it was working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Nolan,

Could you please provide more information as to what you did to get the web plug-in installed correctly? I have attempted to follow the guide but the error continues appear.

If you could provide a pointer to where you believe you went wrong the first time you tried deploying the web plug-in it would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I had the same problem. This is the procedure:

On my first install I created my Virtual Center as a client and selected Disk Agent, VMware Granular Recovery Extension Agent and VMWare Granular Recovery Extension Plug-in. Got the error with the post installation script after all components gave a succesful install. I imported the client as type VMware VCenter as per install guide and re-ran the plugin component but kept getting the same error.

Solution:

1) Uninstall Data Protector from VCenter and delete the client from Data Protector

2) Add Virtual Cener as a client choosing only the Disk Agent add on

3) Import the client in DP as type VMWare VCenter

4) Add the component VMWare Granular Recovery Extension Plug-in

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

I had the same problem and for me helped Data Protector patch upgrade to 6.21 version.

After this I reimported vCenter server and Granular recovery extension started working.

Regards,

Rolandas

Best Regards,
Rolandas
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you! It worked following your steps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.