Helpdesk_User Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Vmware Backups and the UUID with 9.07

Guys, 

I'm looking to migrate some VM's from 1 vmware cluster to another. I want to make the backups work from day 1, so i was hoping to change the barlist for these to put it in a new cluster. I want to do this on VM replicas, so from my understanding the UUID will change.

Any idea where the UUID is located on a VM that is listed in the barlist file, as it doesn't seem to match the vmware UUID.

I'm trying to do this through the barlist instead of using the GUI, as the GUI is too slow, and i have a couple of hundred i need to change.

0 Likes
1 Reply
rgb
New Member.

Re: Vmware Backups and the UUID with 9.07

Have a look at InstanceUuid.

Should be this you are locking for.

VM..extensiondata.Summary.Config

Cheers

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.