Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Vmware integration issue

We have a problem with vsphere integration and DP6.1

We configured the integration and it worked fine . I've been able to do a vcb-image backup of all the vm

Today the backup failed with the following error

[Major] From: OB2BAR_VMWARE_BAR@srv-vc.xxxx.lan "/DOM" Time: 7/25/2009 1:00:09 PM
Object /vm/SRV-DC1 not found.

Checking the configuration in the backup specification we got the following eror

The database reported error while performing requested operation
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

were you able to get past this. We are seeing the same issue with our DEVQA farm. backups started failing and when you click to expand and see VMs to back them up we get the "the database reported error while performing requested operation"
0 Likes
Vice Admiral

nope,
still got the problem
0 Likes
Vice Admiral

Hi ,
I finally got an answer from HP support which solved my problem .
I'm posting the solution hoping that it can help other people here

1. Go to 'c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter' on VC

system.

2. Save the copy of vpxd.cfg file and add the following variable 'maxBufferedResponseBytes' and

'agentsNeedingContentLength' under

VMware-client|DataProtector/6.1

3.Save the changes

4. Right-click My Computer and choose Manage.

5. Double-click Services and Applications in the Name column on the right.

6. Double-click Services in the Name column on the right.

7. Right-click VMware VirtualCenter Server in the Name column on the right, and restart the service (stop/start).

8. After restarting verfiy that the change has effect by verfying VC log as follows

a. Go to 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\Logs'

b. Find out 'vpxd-xx.log' in place of xx a latest number would be there.

c. Open that log and look for

"Loaded agentsNeedingContentLength: 'VMware-client|DataProtector/6.1'"

"Max buffered response size is 524288000 bytes"

those are the two variables we have changed. Once these are seen in logs we are sure of the

change has effect and then proceed with testing.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral

solution provided in the thread
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ciao Stefano,
mi puoi dare qualche dritta su come configurare le estensioni vmwaresu data protector?
Grazie
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

and what about a 'stand-alone' ESX-host ?

We don't have a virtual center, and I get
the message "the database reported error while performing requested operation" when EXPANDING the ESX-host.

When I run this backup-job I get a message:
[Major] From: OB2BAR_VMWARE_BAR@stuesxps17 "/ha-datacenter" Time: 10/12/2010 13:37:08
Object / not found.

any input ?

Greetings,
Chris MARREEL
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Were you able to resolve this ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.