Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. EDV_EVK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

W2k8 R2 Configuration Backup fails on DP 7.0

Hello Board Members,

i´ve setup a new W2K8 R2 Domain Controller, Now I tried to backup the configuration. It fails with the following Message.

[Normal]

From: VBDA@evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local "CONFIGURATION:" Time: 02.10.2012 10:15:26

STARTING Disk Agent for evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local:/CONFIGURATION "CONFIGURATION:".

[Minor]

From: VBDA@evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local "CONFIGURATION:" Time: 02.10.2012 10:15:58

[

81:76] \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\AD\DB\NTDS

Cannot perform stat(): ([3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. ) => not backed up.

[Normal]

From: VBDA@evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local "CONFIGURATION:" Time: 02.10.2012 10:16:12

Successfully collected system recovery data.

[Normal]

From: VBDA@evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local "CONFIGURATION:" Time: 02.10.2012 10:16:15

COMPLETED Disk Agent for evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local:/CONFIGURATION "CONFIGURATION:".

The AD DB is located on d:\ad_db\ntds. Another W2K8 R2 DC in a sub Domain works well.

The standard debug.log on the DC doesn´t give any hint.

Thanks for any hint where to find the cause.

Kind regards

Michael

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: W2k8 R2 Configuration Backup fails on DP 7.0

Hello

Please give us details about DP version list of patches installed and also output for command vssadmin list writers

you must see writer below into evk-wes-dc03.evkwesel.local

Writer name: 'NTDS'
   Writer Id: {b2014c9e-8711-4c5c-a5a9-3cf384484757}
   Writer Instance Id: {6f3b36de-ce84-4eb5-b974-fa702db8778e}
   State: [1] Stable
   Last error: No error

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

I pathced the system today to 7.01. I also applied MS Service Pack 1 to Server. I will try the next night and report here.

Kind regards

Michael

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello,

thanks a lot. I added patches and due other reason I changed the Directory of AD DB and Backup works well without errors.

Thanks
MIchael
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.