Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

We currently have DP 9.09 on Windows and need to upgrade to 10.80. What are the steps and how hard?

Jump to solution

How difficult is it to upgrade from DP 9.09 to 10.80 on Windows server?  Still thinking of purchasing a new server and installing Red Hat Linux 8 then migrating the Windows DP 10.80 to Linux.  Any suggestions.  I feel Linux would be a more secure OS to run such an important application on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Tammy, the upgrade process from DP 9.09 to DP 10.80 should be straight forward, however, while I say that, it will be very much dictated by the complexity of your DP installation. Some things to consider:

1.) If you are protecting a VMware environment and are using the DP VMware GRE, you should upgrade to a flashless version of DP (preferably DP 10.80) before the end of the year. Adobe will stop supporting Flash as of 1/1/2021.

2.) If you have never done an upgrade of DP by yourself and/or have a complex environment, I'd suggest opening up a DP Support Ticket and request help with doing the upgrade.

3.) I won't comment on your Windows versus Linux question ;-), but it is important that you know that DP, as of DP 10.50, no longer supports Cell Managers running on HP-UX. Also, DP's internal security model was revamped with the introduction of the DP 10.x release family.

Again, if you feel uncomfortable with doing the upgrade yourself, open up a support case.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Captain Captain
Captain

Hello Tammy, the upgrade process from DP 9.09 to DP 10.80 should be straight forward, however, while I say that, it will be very much dictated by the complexity of your DP installation. Some things to consider:

1.) If you are protecting a VMware environment and are using the DP VMware GRE, you should upgrade to a flashless version of DP (preferably DP 10.80) before the end of the year. Adobe will stop supporting Flash as of 1/1/2021.

2.) If you have never done an upgrade of DP by yourself and/or have a complex environment, I'd suggest opening up a DP Support Ticket and request help with doing the upgrade.

3.) I won't comment on your Windows versus Linux question ;-), but it is important that you know that DP, as of DP 10.50, no longer supports Cell Managers running on HP-UX. Also, DP's internal security model was revamped with the introduction of the DP 10.x release family.

Again, if you feel uncomfortable with doing the upgrade yourself, open up a support case.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

We are not using anything with VMware so I should have any issues with the Adobe issue - correct?

Is Linux still supported with with version 10.80?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.