papa1980 Contributor.
Contributor.

What happend if I use dataprotector interval

Dear all,

What happend if I use data protector interval option. I selected one week and during this week there were several backups.  Which backup do I restore(last one)? I am trying to restore Oracle and restore data files and control files.

Best Regards,

Nikola

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: What happend if I use dataprotector interval

Hello, 

This depends of the information and date that you want to restore. But select the closer backup according to the date that you want. Or if you want to restore to the last moment select the most recent. 

Hope that clarify your question, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
papa1980 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello Victor,

Thank you for your fast reply. Reason is because after restore one undo file is corrupted and I told that data protector is using data from different backups and somehow corrupt file. Range of selection is one week. During week are running several backups so I told that is restoring data from first backup then second and so on.

But what you mention mean that I have restore data from last backup this mean that maybe undo file is corrupted on tape. Can we have corruption during backup and how to check that.

If I make selection one week this mean that restore will use last backup on right? When I restore I make seleciton of one week and did not select specific backup. This was done is DP gui.

Best Regards,

N.Nikolov

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @papa1980,

Can you please confirm if we're talking about a File System or Oracle restore? I'm just asking because the Oracle Integration restore does not have a interval. You can specify a point in time you want to restore/recover.

2018-05-15_21h28_42.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
papa1980 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello,

I am talking about restoring oracle. But the backups are done as FS. THere is not any backup in Oracle tab. So I restore data files +control files as FS.

Best Regards,

NIkola

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Nikola,

I would like to try to comment on your post but I would need to get more info / details.

Can you give me the steps you are doing - list down what you have done / what you are currently doing / what you need to do, specific to your question about "interval option".

I see you need to restore Oracle DB files but you mentioned it is a filesystem backup. I guess it is better if you provide session report/session details of the backup you need to restore.

omnidb -sess <SESS_ID> -report

omnidb -sess <SESS_ID> -detail

Identify one of the backup session ID asnd then generate the above omnidb CLI.

Let us check first and then I can make a comment.

Rgds,

Sherman

DP SUPPORT

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi NIkola,

@papa1980 wrote:

I am talking about restoring oracle. But the backups are done as FS. THere is not any backup in Oracle tab. So I restore data files +control files as FS.

Backing up an Oracle database while it is running only works in rare circumstances. This is the reason for the online integration agent and RMAN. Just backing up the datafiles of an open database will not work! The database needs to be at least in backup mode. Was this the case or is this an offline backup of the database files?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.