Highlighted

Windows 2012R2 deduplication support

we are running DP9.09 with latest patches .

I'd like to know if windows 2012R2 built-in deduplication is fully supported or are there any incompatibilities to be aware of .

Since windows 2012R2 save some "deduplication" data under "system volume information" I need to know if that directory must be backed up as well

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hi @Stefano Colombo

I have a lot of sucess cases with dedup areas in the Windows Server 2012 R2 and the backup and restore works normally.

... just copying the main area; without other especifics directories.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.