New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows Clients

Jump to solution
Hi All,

I have DP 5.0 running on N4000/HP-UX 11.00.

Environment:
HP-UX Servers about 20 numbers connected in a SAN with XP512 and Ultrium Library 6/60.

All my clients configured are HP-UX only.

Currently we are planning to add some Windows 2003/2000 clients to the DP 5.0 running on N4000/HP-UX 11.00.

# omnicc
Licensing mode : Local
License server : abc.xyz.com
Category Number of Licenses
Cell Manager for UNIX 1
Cell Manager for Windows 0
Single Drive for UNIX / NAS / SAN 6
Single Drive for Windows / NetWare / Linux 0
Multi-Drive Server for UNIX 0
Multi-Drive Server for Windows / NetWare 0
On-line Extension for UNIX 1
On-line Extension for Windows 0
Manager-of-Managers Extension for UNIX 0
Manager-of-Managers Extension for Windows 0
61-250 Slot Libraries Extension for UNIX 0
61-250 Slot Libraries Extension for Windows 0
Unlimited Slot Libraries Extension for UNIX 0
Unlimited Slot Libraries Extension for Windows 0
EMC Split Mirror Extension 0
HP XP Split Mirror Extension 0
Single Server Edition for UNIX 0
Single Server Edition for Windows 0
EMC Fastrax Extension for ONE Symmetrix 0
On-line Extension for ONE UNIX system 0
On-line Extension for ONE Windows / Linux system 0
Extension for ONE 61-250 Slot Library 0
Extension for ONE 61-250 Slot Library for Windows 0
Extension for ONE Unlimited Slot Library 0
Extension for ONE Unlimited Slot Library for Windows 0
Zero Downtime Backup Extension for ONE EMC Symmetrix 0
Zero Downtime Backup Extension for ONE HP Surestore XP 0
Extension for ONE NDMP Server 0
Zero Downtime Backup Extension for 1 TB EMC Symmetrix 0
Zero Downtime Backup Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore XP 0
Zero Downtime Backup Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore VA 0
Instant Recovery Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore XP 0
EMC Fastrax Extension for 1 TB Symmetrix 0
Instant Recovery Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore VA 0
Direct Backup Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore XP or compatible 0
Direct Backup using NDMP for 1 TB 0
Direct Backup Extension for 1 TB HP Surestore VA 0

I would like to know do I need to get any license for one or more Win2K clients. Give me the part number of the License and also give me the procedure of configuring the Win2K client for backup/recovery.

Thanks,
Everything is possible
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Sanjiv,

If you are using already existing libraries for the backup of the Windows clients, you do not need any new licenses. So you can take their backup (via the SAN) with your existing licenses.

You currently have 6 Unix/NAS/SAN drive licenses, so you can backup using 6 drives simultaneously.

If you want to use more drives at the same time (and you have the hardware), then you should add Unix/NAS/SAN drive licenses (part number B6953AA).

best regards,

Kurt

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Sanjiv,

You do not need any additional licenses for the Windows clients unless:

-you are using a backup device connected to one of the Windows clients (B6963AA) and you are using all the Unix drives at the same time. If they are connected to the SAN, you can use your 6 existing Unix/NAS/SAN drive licenses. They can be used for a backup via the LAN as well of course.

-do you need applications to be backed up online (Exchange, SQL server, ...). Then you need a Windows online extension (B6965BA) for each server that has an application that must be backed up online.

-Open File Manager: you do not really need it, but for a file&print server it might be usefull. On Unix you do not really have files that are locked by an application, but on Windows this isn't the case. The following OFM licenses exist:

Open file backup NT/2000/2003 1-server BA153AA
Open file backup NT/2000/2003 10-servers BA153BA
Open file backup NT/2000/XP 5- Workstation BA154AA
Open file backup NT/2000/2003 Enterprise Server/NetWare Server BA155AA

But just to add Windows clients to your existing cell, no new licenses are required.

best regards,

Kurt
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Kurt,

Thank you for your reply.

I have configured separate library for each hpux server and the backup takes place from the server to the Ultrium Library in SAN. Data flow from server to Library directly not from network.

I want to do the similar setup from the Windows server too. I want to configure the library,robotic arm and the drives for the win2k servers so that the data flow from server to drive through Fibre and not through LAN.

I believe this is possible. Do I need any drive license for this setup?

Thanks,
Everything is possible
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Sanjiv,

If you are using already existing libraries for the backup of the Windows clients, you do not need any new licenses. So you can take their backup (via the SAN) with your existing licenses.

You currently have 6 Unix/NAS/SAN drive licenses, so you can backup using 6 drives simultaneously.

If you want to use more drives at the same time (and you have the hardware), then you should add Unix/NAS/SAN drive licenses (part number B6953AA).

best regards,

Kurt

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

What different about Unlimited Slot Libraries Extension and Extension for ONE Unlimited Slot Library ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.