Taohung Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows Event log ID : 55

Hello everyone :
I have a question.
In the "HP Data Protector A.06.1x Platform and integration support matrix" => Open File Manager might interfere with VSS or other file system related applications, for example virus scanners.

If I install DP OpenFile Agent in the windows 2003 SP1(VSS is enable) and run a backup job for openfile , does windows event log show that "Event ID 55, Source Ntfs, Type Error, Description The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume " ?

Thank you !!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows Event log ID : 55

Well, why don't you follow the windows advices and run a chkdsk to that drive?

I had not DP6.1 running with OFM, but I had used it in the past and I had not get this error before, I even believe that is a Windows problem and not a DP or OFM problem.
0 Likes
Ken Krubsack Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would advise, if the application supports it, installing W2K3 SP2. It is required for any new MS security hotfixes.
0 Likes
Taohung Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For Shoghi Martinez G. :
Thank you!

I thank so . => DP is OK !
M$ give me a message => Win is OK.
My all HDD of storage are OK , too.
The conclusion is " Every thing is OK!! "

For Ken Krubsack :
Thank you!

All server are Win2003 SP2, and all hotfixs are installed by M$ auto update .
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.