Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

backup delete failed

Jump to solution
Hi to all,
I have delete a backup, I receive a failed backup on Internal Database after deletion, why?

The error is:
"No backup specification in the session manager command line option or no such specification exist"

Please help me
Andrea.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Hi Andrea,

for the first please check directory /config/server/barschedules or schedules if the "deleted" backup job didn't forget also delete its scheduler.
If yes, please delete its.
If you know its name of deleted backup jobs, you can create new backup job with the same name and delete it again.
Also, I suppose that this backup is not call by any external script. If yes, you must repair this external script.

If nothing help you,

By regards message that file cannot be found..Quickly solution, open Backup Job, unselect directory where the file was deleted , select apply and again select item this directory and select apply.
I recommend you start omnidbutil -purge -filenames

Petr
Petr

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Hi,
If you deleted backup job in your filesystem, it is problem. For this I can recommend restore old OMNIDB to other directory, open /..config/server/datalist or barlist/ and found your backup job name. Copy this to your current DP and restart services. Delete this backup job again throught GUI.
Next option may be in repair records in DB.

Petr
Petr
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
I have delete backup from GUI.

Do you know some command for check inside DB omniback if some reference on this backup are alive?

Another question: in another backup I receive a message "cannot find file..." but I have delete the file from client two month ago and catalog protection are setting = to data protection 1 week.

Do you know some solution for this problem?

Thank thousand Andrea.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
Hi Andrea,

for the first please check directory /config/server/barschedules or schedules if the "deleted" backup job didn't forget also delete its scheduler.
If yes, please delete its.
If you know its name of deleted backup jobs, you can create new backup job with the same name and delete it again.
Also, I suppose that this backup is not call by any external script. If yes, you must repair this external script.

If nothing help you,

By regards message that file cannot be found..Quickly solution, open Backup Job, unselect directory where the file was deleted , select apply and again select item this directory and select apply.
I recommend you start omnidbutil -purge -filenames

Petr
Petr

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.