Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Contributor.. Mandosa Contributor..
Contributor..

backup to disk error: 'cannot access directory Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password'

I had to update the firmware on my backup to disk device, and lost some settings.  ever since then i have been unable to backup to this unit and get a 'cannot access directory  Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password' error. 

I am able to map to this device from the backup the windows explorer, so i guess i need to know where to configure the account the data protector uses for access?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: backup to disk error: 'cannot access directory Logon failure: unknown user name or bad passwor

Data Protector doesn't use any type of authentication for basic devices (it may when trying to use ACS/ls devices, or NDMP)

Have you tried writing anything to this disk volume aoutside fo Data Protector, maybe, just transferring a file?  if  this fails in the same manner, that is where yo need to look

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.