Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

botched DP dcbf directory addition

Jump to solution

I did a stupid thing. When my dcbf directories filled up, I mistakenly created a 'new' dcbf directory in the parent of the other dcbf directories. 

To rectify this, I believe that I need to do the following:

• shut off backups
  •  increase the size of the existing dcbf directories in DP
  •  move the *.dat files currently stored in the parent directory into the other directories.
  •  run 'omnidbutil -remap_dcdirs'
  •  delete the dcbf directory that is the parent via DP GUI 

Correct? When I delete the dcbf directory that is the parent directory for the other dcbf directories, is DP going to wipe out all of the dcbf subdirectories, or will it simply remove the parent dcbf directory without touching the subdirectories?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Procedure sounds right.

If you use omnidbutil -remove_dcdir, it only unregisters the directory from IDB. In IDB, DCBFs are linked to their respective directories in a non-recursive manner (i.e. DCBFs in dir1/subdirA are not linked to dir1).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Procedure sounds right.

If you use omnidbutil -remove_dcdir, it only unregisters the directory from IDB. In IDB, DCBFs are linked to their respective directories in a non-recursive manner (i.e. DCBFs in dir1/subdirA are not linked to dir1).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

remap_dcdir and remove_dcdir worked perfectly. 

thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.