Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

cannot connect to the SCM Server

Dear all,

we are trying to install DP 10.40 Agent in SQL Server, we are getting below error. 

" [Normal] Starting installation session on Thursday, November 19, 2020, 9:14:00 AM...

[Normal] Verifying SMB signing at Installation Server and if necessary starting it...

[Normal] SMB signing at Installation Server is already enabled, no change is necessary.

[Normal] Getting list of clients for installation...

[Normal] Done.

[Normal] Expanding and checking clients to be installed...

[Normal] Connecting to client **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

[Normal] Done.

[Normal] Installing the bootstrap service on client **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**...

[Critical] [110:1022] Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

[5] Access is denied.

[Normal] Installation session finished on Thursday, November 19, 2020, 9:14:02 AM.

============================================================================
Session completed with errors!
============================================================================

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Azizkheri

Check these steps, can work in your case: 

1- The user account used to install DP has Administrator rights.

2- From CM CMD as administrator run:

a. omniinetpasswd -list

b. check if the user account is listed with an “*” infront.

c. If the user is listed and does not have “*”, please run this command omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user Domain\UserName

d. After that run : omniinetpasswd -list , this should display the user account with “*”

e. In case the user account is not displayed at all, then you need to add the user.

i. Omniinetpasswd -add Domain\UserName Password

ii. Then use omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user Domain\UserName

f. Restart DP services while no backup is running “omnisv -stop” and “omnisv -start”

3- Also confirm the following on the client:

a. Make sure that Data Protector Inet Service is running under user account which has Administrator rights.

b. Go to local Security Policy > Local Policies > user Rights > Add the user account to the following Policies

i. Log on as service

ii. Impersonate a client after authentication

iii. Replace a process level token

iv. In CMD run: gpupdate /force

4- Now try and perform the installation again and share the result.

5- add "OB2FWPASSTHRU = 1" on IS

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi @Victor_F_DP 

please find output

1- The user account used to install DP has Administrator rights. - "The User (User A) I am using is Domain User but have Local admin rights on backup server. also we tried the same user to add local admin of the source server"

2- From CM CMD as administrator run:

a. omniinetpasswd -list  -  "output comes as 2 users -   

User A\domain.com

* User B\Domain.com

but the problem is User B is no more is in use in organization, User B also not a admin user on both the side Source as well as backup server"

3- Also confirm the following on the client:

a. Make sure that Data Protector Inet Service is running under user account which has Administrator rights. -  "Service is running Local System Account"

b. Go to local Security Policy > Local Policies > user Rights > Add the user account to the following Policies - Done

i. Log on as service

ii. Impersonate a client after authentication

iii. Replace a process level token

iv. In CMD run: gpupdate /force

4- Now try and perform the installation again and share the result.

5- add "OB2FWPASSTHRU = 1" on IS  - "Please let me know where to add this also path"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Azizkheri,  

2. You can remove the UserB with omniinetpasswd -delete USERB
Then you can use this command to be used during installations: omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user UserA

5. The variable needs to be added in the IS into the omnirc file (ProgramData\OmniBack\). By default the file name is omnirc.tmpl, if so, rename it to just omnirc and add the variable. Then restart the Inet. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

Dear @Victor_F_DP 

2. You can remove the UserB with omniinetpasswd -delete USERB
Then you can use this command to be used during installations: omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user UserA  -- Will this effect previous backup jobs?

5. The variable needs to be added in the IS into the omnirc file (ProgramData\OmniBack\). By default the file name is omnirc.tmpl, if so, rename it to just omnirc and add the variable. Then restart the Inet.  -  i rename the file but Please can you brief what entry I have to do? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Azizkheri,

There should be no issues with any old backup. 

The variable is this: OB2FWPASSTHRU=1
You just need to open the omnirc file, add a line anywhere, it can be at the beginning or at the end, literally just copy the variable to the file and restart the Inet, that's it. 
This is the description of the variable if you wanted to understand more: 

# Allows bootstrap service to automatically register itself with Windows
# Firewall. Set this variable on Installation Server host. If this variable
# is not set, you will probably not be able to use Installation Server to
# install software on hosts running Windows Firewall, unless ports are opened
# manually.

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

Dear @Victor_F_DP ,

after adding variable OB2FWPASSTHRU=1, still facing same issue. i restart the server.

Also what is the command to add new domain admin account, so next time I can install any agent

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can use these commands: 

i. Omniinetpasswd -add Domain\UserName Password

ii. Then use omniinetpasswd -inst_srv_user Domain\UserName

It will add and specify the user to be used. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.