Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

continuity of Backup

Jump to solution
hello,
I have good quality medias in the pool ,Data Protector 5.1 starts a backup task with a good quality media, but if this media changes to poor quality by some reason, Data Protector doesn´t use the next good media avalaible. I don´t understand why DP cancel backup task and not use next good media...is there any configuration in DP to do ? in purpose that the backup unload the poor media and use the next good media.

Thanks for your help in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

If DP encounters media problems, DP can't just continue using next media. The data on the first media is not reliable. In that case, the backup should be restarted.

Restarting failed objects has to be done manually, there is no automatic option. I belive the reson is that automatic restarting may cause to much queuing and, perhaps timeouts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
excuse me I want just to inform you that our DP run on hp_ux11 .

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,

If DP encounters media problems, DP can't just continue using next media. The data on the first media is not reliable. In that case, the backup should be restarted.

Restarting failed objects has to be done manually, there is no automatic option. I belive the reson is that automatic restarting may cause to much queuing and, perhaps timeouts.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.