New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

could not store detail catalog

Jump to solution
good day,

I am using dp5 and i receive the ff. error:

"Data Protector could not store a part of the detail catalog during the backup or
import. All files that are backed up on the same device after this message are
not marked as backed up in the Data Protector Internal Database. Backup is still valid and
restore of complete objects is possible."

What possible is the cause of this error and will it affect the integrity of the backup?

thanks.

regards,

Paul
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hello Paul,

the problem that you don't have enough space in detail catalog! the backup was terminated, and when trying to import the catalog (existing oin the tape) to the IDB there was no place, so that's why backuip will be performed without logging (i mean no log)... the backup could be restored but you have to import the catalog from the tape to the IDB when you will have place...

suggestion: try to purge the dcbf after changing some protections...
(omnidb -strip
omnidbutil -purge -dcbf)

hope this help

Regards,
Georges

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi.
I think you have to restore all of IDB. Because this catalog is part of the OmniBack Database.
If you have nearest IDB backup, just use omnidbrestore -autorecover to automated restore the database.

Regard,
Jimkery
Looking for a special chance.......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
The message doesn't say enough. That's everything in the message? All it says is the detail catalog of the backup couldn't be written, thus it would be like Log None for the remainder of the backup to that device.

Who was the message from? The BSM or the BMA? Debug.log entries at the time?

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello,

Here's the exact error message.

[Normal] From: VBDA@edw-dw "/dbdata12" Time: 11/7/2004 1:38:36 PM
STARTING Disk Agent for edw-dw:/dbdata12 "/dbdata12".

[Major] From: BSM@ob1 "DW_bin_backup" Time: 11/7/2004 2:03:31 PM
[61:4039] Following error occurred while storing detail catalog
information for device "Ultrium_Drive3_dw"
with loaded medium "c0a80f07:418afec8:33f5:0001" [[NJ8577L1] edw-dw_bin_28]
to Data Protector Internal Database:

No space available on all detail catalog directories.

From this point on, all objects on this medium
will have logging switched to "No Log".

Attached are the omniback session reports.

Is there a need for me to be alarmed from this message? The backup completed with errors. Other than that warning, the backup is okay.

Thanks.

Paul
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
hello Paul,

the problem that you don't have enough space in detail catalog! the backup was terminated, and when trying to import the catalog (existing oin the tape) to the IDB there was no place, so that's why backuip will be performed without logging (i mean no log)... the backup could be restored but you have to import the catalog from the tape to the IDB when you will have place...

suggestion: try to purge the dcbf after changing some protections...
(omnidb -strip
omnidbutil -purge -dcbf)

hope this help

Regards,
Georges

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Ok, I'll try to purge the database.

Thanks

Paul
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you run omnidbutil in a command prompt, it will display the syntax needed. I just had to increase the size allowed for my dcbf. If you directory path has spaces, you have to put quotes at either end.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.