Ruben Renders Absent Member.
Absent Member.

file could not be backupped - windows cluster 2008

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are experiencing some warnings during the backup of cluster nodes and resources.

We receive this warning on all the active node of a windows cluster.

[Minor] From: VBDA@fil3b.company.local "fil3b.company.local [/CONFIGURATION]"  Time: 7/4/2011 5:47:45 AM
[81:141]   \Registry\0.Cluster
 Cannot export configuration object: (Details unknown.) => backup incomplete.

When we check the registry, the hive is present.

Any idea how to solve this one?

Thanks!

PS: full session log in attach.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Zigoze Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: file could not be backupped - windows cluster 2008

Jump to solution

That hive is present always on the active node. If you change your resources to other node you'll see that hive appear on the other node.

DP installation guide states that if you run dp service with a user that is cluster administrator you'll not get that error... but I've tried it before and still got the error.

So I just added an exception (or deselected) the backup of that registry hive only... then you do not get the error.

7 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

That hive is present always on the active node. If you change your resources to other node you'll see that hive appear on the other node.

DP installation guide states that if you run dp service with a user that is cluster administrator you'll not get that error... but I've tried it before and still got the error.

So I just added an exception (or deselected) the backup of that registry hive only... then you do not get the error.

Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
If this is a server configuration backup you dont need this, as DP stated this is a "minor", If you need to recover this server you can re-join it to the cluster.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

From troubleshoot guide.

Problem

Backup of CONFIGURATION object of a Microsoft Cluster Server node fails

On a Windows Server 2008 system, backup of the CONFIGURATION object on a

cluster node fails with the following error:

[Minor] From: VBDA@computer.company.com "CONFIGURATION:" Time:

Date Time

[81:141] \Registry\0.Cluster Cannot export

configuration object: (Details unknown.) => backup incomplete

Action

Restart the Data Protector Inet service under the user account that is used to run Cluster Service, and restart the backup.

0 Likes
Ruben Renders Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you Tiriti, I'll try that one. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Tiriti and Ruben... if you read what I replied first, you would have already noticed that I had mentioned that the guide states to use the cluster admin to start the services...
0 Likes
AnuarKZ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hp Install guide section worked for me:

Preparing a Microsoft server cluster running on Windows Server 2008 or
Windows Server 2012 for Data Protector installation

Changed security rights of clsuter folder on qourum disk.

0 Likes
nay_viana
Member.

Jump to solution

The actual solution "if you run dp service with a user that is cluster administrator you'll not get that error" solved my problem. Thank you Zigoze!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.