Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

full system restore

Jump to solution
I would like to a full restore from one system to a another system. If I have the new system loaded with a different verison of OS when I preform a full restore does it put the new system at the same OS level as the system that I got the full backup from ? The OS I am running on the system is HP-UX..

thanks
TonyD
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Hi Antonio,

Answering your question: Yes.

But it is complicated because the hardware configuration, special files and so on. Instead i recomend to you make an ignite image from the source system and restore it to the target system in order to avoid errors or an innestable system.

Regards!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Hi Antonio,

Answering your question: Yes.

But it is complicated because the hardware configuration, special files and so on. Instead i recomend to you make an ignite image from the source system and restore it to the target system in order to avoid errors or an innestable system.

Regards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi,
If you want to use Data Protector for cloning disks, a disk image backup is a better alternative.

Even better (as mentioned in the previous reply) is Ignite and, maybe best, DRD (Dynamic Root Disk). DRD is supported in HP-UX 11.23 and 11.31.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.