Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. halcanites Absent Member..
Absent Member..

how to tell an expired tape?

If a tape is in the library, I can see if the protection has expired or not.  How about if a particular tape is not in the library?  How can I tell if a particular tape has expired protection?  Is there a database I can look at?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: how to tell an expired tape?

You need to know one of the following

- Media :Label

- Barcode Label (if available)

- Medium ID

These are functionality equivalent

If you are in the Data Protector GUI< in Devices and Media, expand Devices, Expand your Library, and single-click on the word 'Slots'; in the list of media, you will see Protection.  If there is a date or if it is Permanent, the media is still protected.  If it says None or Expired, that si pretty self explanatory.  If you see a medium in the library that you are interested in, you can right-click on it, go to Properties, and pick the Objects tab.

If you don't see it in the Library, you would have to know one of the 3 pieces of information above.  For example, to get a list of media used for a particular backup, get the session ID, and run

omnidb -session [session_id] -media       Do not include the [   ] marks

This will display all pieces of information.  Copy one of teh 3, and run the command

omnimm -media_info [media id] -detail    Do not include teh [   ] characters

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.