Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

hp-ux to linux migration of msg files

Jump to solution

Hi,

in preparation for a migration on a test system i can't get the session reports of plain copied messages files. New generated messages can be displayed with GUI omnidb. In the debugs i can see this in the DBSM debug log:

[ 99] 2020-03-29 20:52:03.057 ("/sm/dbsm/dbsm.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":1110)
[ 99] ===>> (2) ProcessDBQueryMsg {
[ 99]
[ 80] Can not fread(size=1694498816) actual message [errorCode=11]

[  4] 2020-03-29 20:52:03.057 ("/db/msg/dcmsg.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":380)
[  4] [MARK 2] in dcmsg_GetNextSessionMessage:380
    Code: 1026  SystemErr: [11] Resource temporarily unavailable
    Info:

[ 80] 2020-03-29 20:52:03.057 ("/db/msg/dcmsg.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":380)
[ 80] Problems reading messages from message file.

Trying to export/import the sessions  with  "-import_from_mcf" seems not to contain session messages at all.

So is there some conversion needed for msg files as with dcbfs files according to the "Migrate HP-UX Cell Manager" Guide?

BR 

Josef

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: hp-ux to linux migration of msg files

Jump to solution

Hello @Joe Watzko,

From what I know the SMBF are platform specific (little vs. big endian, similar to the DCBFs). When I did this kind of migration we never carried the SMBF forward to the new system.

I was surprised to see that there is a hot fix for this. So please ask support for OCTIM19Q750692 (unable to read old backup messages after migrate from HPUX to Suse Linux) and the details.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Joe Watzko,

From what I know the SMBF are platform specific (little vs. big endian, similar to the DCBFs). When I did this kind of migration we never carried the SMBF forward to the new system.

I was surprised to see that there is a hot fix for this. So please ask support for OCTIM19Q750692 (unable to read old backup messages after migrate from HPUX to Suse Linux) and the details.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution
Thanks for the hint.
BR
Josef
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.