Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Tsugaru Absent Member.
Absent Member.

install disk agent DP8 on windows server 2012

Jump to solution

Hi,

I try to make a remote install a DP 8 disk agent on windows server 2012, but i have the message :

"Critical]  [110:1022] Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client serveur-xxx:
[5] Access is denied."

The user that i use to the remote install is on administrator group, and when i launch the command omniinetpasswd -list i have it's ok

Can anyone help me resolve this issue ? Did anyone face the same issue ?

Thanks in advance

Tsugaru

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: install disk agent DP8 on windows server 2012

Jump to solution

http://thebraveadmin.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/data-protector-agent-windows-2008-cannot-connect-to-the-scm/

When installing the Data Protector Agent to a Windows 2008 R2 Server the following errormessage appeared:

[Critical]  Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client <clientname>[5] Access is denied. 

What we need to do now is to add a User with admin rights to the INET Service. Open a command prompt and enter these commands:

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -list

This will show you if there are any users configured already

Now add a user to the INET Service. This user should have administrative permissions and – of course – this user should already be created in your AD.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -add <domain>\dataprotector
Please enter password:**********
Please retype password:**********
User '<domain>\dataprotector' was successfully added.

Last step is to add this useraccount to be used by the installation service:

omniinetpasswd.exe -inst_srv_user <domain>\dataprotector
User '<domain>\dataprotector' is configured to be used by Installation 
-------------------

Another possibility

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Support-and-News/Cannot-do-a-remote-install-on-win-2008-SCM-access/td-p/5252584

Look at the services on the cell server to see which user was the login user for the inet process (running on the cell server.)

This happened to be a domain user and not a local user. I then went to the server on which I wanted to install the DP agents and added the same domain user to the local administrators group

----------------------

There were other sugestions to install the client locally, using the Installation Media, and Import it into the cell

Even though all of the suggestions reference W2008, they should be workable for W2012

3 Replies
Highlighted
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

http://thebraveadmin.wordpress.com/2010/08/19/data-protector-agent-windows-2008-cannot-connect-to-the-scm/

When installing the Data Protector Agent to a Windows 2008 R2 Server the following errormessage appeared:

[Critical]  Cannot connect to the SCM (Service Control Manager) on client <clientname>[5] Access is denied. 

What we need to do now is to add a User with admin rights to the INET Service. Open a command prompt and enter these commands:

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -list

This will show you if there are any users configured already

Now add a user to the INET Service. This user should have administrative permissions and – of course – this user should already be created in your AD.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omniinetpasswd.exe -add <domain>\dataprotector
Please enter password:**********
Please retype password:**********
User '<domain>\dataprotector' was successfully added.

Last step is to add this useraccount to be used by the installation service:

omniinetpasswd.exe -inst_srv_user <domain>\dataprotector
User '<domain>\dataprotector' is configured to be used by Installation 
-------------------

Another possibility

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Support-and-News/Cannot-do-a-remote-install-on-win-2008-SCM-access/td-p/5252584

Look at the services on the cell server to see which user was the login user for the inet process (running on the cell server.)

This happened to be a domain user and not a local user. I then went to the server on which I wanted to install the DP agents and added the same domain user to the local administrators group

----------------------

There were other sugestions to install the client locally, using the Installation Media, and Import it into the cell

Even though all of the suggestions reference W2008, they should be workable for W2012

Tsugaru Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks ! , it's works.

I hasn't add the user to the INET Service.

0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks, that si good to hear

If you would, would you click in the 'Solved' link to indicate that a solution was found

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.