Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

is there a way in CMD to check all the backup who is using a specific library?

hi,

is there a way to check all backups in a specific library?

example:

libarr-1 . - i want to see all backups specs who is using this library?

DP version: 9.9

Cell manager WINDOWS

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @SNB_jgs1

I can think in a couple of ways to get that information and maybe you can script it. 

The command omnidbutil -show_locked_devs shows all the used devices: 

C:\>omnidbutil -show_locked_devs 

Locked devices/media/cartridges:
================================

Type: Device
Name/Id: FileLib_Writer0
Pid: 13540
Host: hostname

Type: Cartridge
Name/Id: FileLib

Type: Medium
Name/Id: a3602049:5ec5fdf0:0da8:001c
Label: FileLib_MediaPool_20

With this command you can know what devices are being used at the moment. 

Other command to check the status of the sessions is: omnistat -session SessionID

C:\>omnistat -session 2020/05/20-4

Device Host Done Status
===============================================================================
FileLib_Writer0 hostname 0 KB Running
FileLib_Writer1 hostname - Inactive/Waiting

ObjectName ObjectType RunLevel Total Done Status
================================================================================================
hostname:/CO WinFS Warning - ... Running

With that you can get a scripted way to get the omnistat, then run the -session for each session and filter with the device you need. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

thank you for the response, much appreciated.

the command only show the drives that use by the backup. i want to check all the backup who uses that library even if its not active.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @SNB_jgs1

Until I know it is not possible, at least not with omni commands. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @SNB_jgs1 

DP backup spec has no info on the library used but only on the drive to be used by the backup specification. The drive then belongs to a library.

having said it if you used a drive naming convention that include the library name you can simply search for it among all backup specification name.

Let me give some examples:

Assuming your drive naming convention is LibName-Drive01, LibName-Drive02 ... LibName-Drive0x

In a linux cell manager I would use the following command to get the list of all backup specifications where LibName is used:

cd /etc/opt/omni/server/datalists

grep LibName *

and then

cd /etc/opt/omni/server/barlists

grep -r LibName *

Doing so you will search for LibName  in both datalist (filesystem backup) and barlists (oracle, exchange, atc.).

For windows you should use the same approach but the directories are:

C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\Datalists

C:\ProgramData\OmniBack\Config\Server\BarLists

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi

I think if you list the PID's of all BMA's, you might see that information as one of the command line arguments to their respective BMA.

ps -eaf | grep bma

Regards,

Kaustav

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,

I just realized you had asked for Windows. Well, then you could install some process utility tools, like "Process Explorer". That will give you the command line arguments for BMA processes.

Regards,
Kausav

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

CM is windows, i think that is for AIX/linux command.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, I realized that soon after posting it. That's why I suggested to install "Process Explorer". That's not a built-in tool in Windows. You need to install it separately, but it's really good.

If you want to get it done by Windows built-in commands, try this:

WMIC /OUTPUT:<ABSOLUTE_PATH_OF_YOUR_OUTPUT_FILE> path win32_process get Caption,Processid,Commandline

It's part of Windows WMI service. If you don't want to store the above output in a file, just strip off the /OUTPUT:<ABSOLUTE_PATH_OF_YOUR_OUTPUT_FILE> from the above command.

Regards,
Kaustav

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.