Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

messages folder in /server/db80/messages is growing more than usual in last 2 days

Jump to solution

I ran omnidbutil -purge -messages 2 days or 5 days or 10 days and doesnt freeup space 

How can i clean up these

Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Diego Biondo,

Check the largest files in the directories and use omnidb -session <SessionID> -report to find out what is written to the session reports. Stop the root cause in the related backup sessions.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @Diego Biondo,

Check the largest files in the directories and use omnidb -session <SessionID> -report to find out what is written to the session reports. Stop the root cause in the related backup sessions.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
  • Thanks Sebastian i will do this and let you know

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

One additional question if these files doesnt growup anymore how can i delete them so that i can free up space in idb?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks Sebastian had to reboot windows cell manager left 2 processes stucked that make this message file grows up on and on

Appreciate your suggestion

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.