Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.. MathiasZ
Frequent Visitor..

object copy fails, missing media

Hi Everybody,

I will copy older annual backup tapes to new tapes. Unfortunately they where stored without mcf- files so I have to import these tapes. This works without any errors. Immediately after importing the retention is recalibrated so no information from tape will be purged. So far so good.

When looking into the content of the tapes some objects are marked as "all media available = no". It is absolutely safe that no media is missing. 

When verifying these objects by Verify Objects the job ends with successful. I can restore the objects, it works but a warning about missing media appears.

Is there a way to set the "all media"- flag to true? To restore/backup the data is wasting time and much efford.

I´m running on 10.30. But I know this error  also from earlier versions. OB2_IMPORT_NOSEQCHECK=1 is set.

Thanks.

Mathias

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: object copy fails, missing media

Hello @MathiasZ

Where do you have that variable added? On the CM or in the MA? Please add it in both servers. Restart the services/Inet and reimport the tapes. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Frequent Visitor.. MathiasZ
Frequent Visitor..

Hello Victor,

thank you for reply. The variable is added to the CM´s .omnirc which is also the MA in this case. CM is running on HP-UX, all storage is connected via FC.

Mathias

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, 

Try a new import of the tape with the problem. 

All the objects of the tapes are needed. Or some of those was part of another backup? 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.