Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Contributor.. Adamo M Contributor..
Contributor..

oracle integration media manager and cell manager spitted

I installed a media manager and cell manager on different server, both windows. Oracle integrazion on linux server doesn't work. Error :

SBT error 0 in function sbtbackup - sbterror did not return error message

Linux/oracle file system backup works: media manager coudl then be reached.

Just Oracle integration can't contact media manager.

Thanks

Adamo

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: oracle integration media manager and cell manager spitted

Hi @Adamo M

This can be probably a problem with users. I had this issue in the past and did the following: 

1. Set this variable into the .omnirc file in the client: OB2DBG=1-500 sbtoracle.txt
  2. Restarted the xinetd service. 
  3. Reproduce the issue. 
  4. Removed the variable to avoid more debugs and restarted the xinetd again. 
  5. Check into /tmp for a files with the name OB2DBG*sbtoracle.txt
  6. One of them should be for this process: OB2BAR_SBT_CHANNEL. Check this one for an error like this: 
    [Critical] From: OB2BAR_SBT_CHANNEL@server.domain "TARGET" Time: 4/18/2017 9:46:13 AM
    [131:51] User "usermissing@server.domain" is not a valid Data Protector user
  7. Add the user mentioned there into the users in DP Users context. 

This should work. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Contributor.. Adamo M Contributor..
Contributor..

Tank you Andres, but i found problem was not media manager and cell manager installed on different server.

My problem was the oracle user of the client OS. I registered the user of the client on the users of the cell manager but unfortunately with wrong group. DP for some reason expects oracle member of dba group. I put instead oinstall group that is primary group.

To be honest I didn't find that requirements in documentation.

It should be written : use oracle user member of dba group.

Best Regards

Adamo

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @Adamo M

You are correct, that should be added. You can send your feedback to this email: docs.feedback@microfocus.com  

This thread can be marked as solved. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.