Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. nschwendener Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

override schedule for a single day

Hello all,

I'm running on DP 10.30 and I would like to override for a specific day (for example next Wednesday, May the 15th) that the backups that are scheduled in the early night run later in the morning or earlier (late evening of the 14th).

right now one of the scheduled jobs migrate file is:

-incr 
-every
	-day Sun Mon Wed Thu Fri Sat 
	-at 02:30

-full 
-every
	-day Tue 
	-at 02:30

I would like to do that modifying directly the conf files instead of passing through the gui.

thank you very much

best regards

Nicola

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: override schedule for a single day

Hi @nschwendener,

To skip a specifc day you need to add an entry for the day in question.

-full 
-exclude
	-day 15 -month May -year 2019 
	-at --:--

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.. nschwendener Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hello @Sebastian.Koehler ,

thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate your answer. I would like to know:

1. should I restart the services in order to apply the changes?
  2. there's a way not to exclude the backup job but to deferr the job to another time frame?

thank you very much

best regards

Nicola

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @nschwendener,

should I restart the services in order to apply the changes?

This is not required. The files are parsed and processed every 1 (or 15 minutes) based on the global option setting SchedulerGranularity.

there's a way not to exclude the backup job but to deferr the job to another time frame?

To do this you need to modify the existing entries in the schedule file and use the exclude if required. You might adjust the starting value for existing schedules.

-full 
-starting 20 5 2019
-every
	-day 
	-at 18:00

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.