Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

port 7116 not listening on 9.09 and windows 2016

i migrated IDB 9.09 from windows 2012r2 to windows 2016. all services finally started but port 7116 doesn't listen and cannot start GUI. it was changed name, IP and location for IDB..

used command :

perl omnigencert.pl -server_id cmnjwpdpbkp02.ibg.x.x.x-server_san “dns:cmnjwpdpbkp02.x.x.x ,ip:10.x.x.x” -user_id hpdp -store_password NYYYYY.xxxx

i can see that certificate updated but port still not activated.

Any Ideas?

9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @igodzin,
How do you perform the migration of the IDB? What procedure do you followed?
I think that this could be for the change in the location. Check what is in the pg_logs (ProgramData\Omniback\server\db80\pg\pg_log)
Regards,
Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

It looks like it has a lot of errors.
I changed mostly manually all path from E:\programdata to new C:\programdata.
Do you know where I have to change path for this in the log?
Thanks,

Ilya Godzin | Sr IT Operations Spclst|Capital Markets & Risk Infrastructure
3 Times Square | 27th Floor | New York NY 10036
ilya.godzin@bmo.com
(T) 212.702.1735 | (M) 917-284-0839

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.

Le pr?sent message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoy? ? l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privil?gi?e. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire pr?vu que tout examen, r?acheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu, veuillez en aviser imm?diatement l'exp?diteur par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre syst?me. Sauf indication contraire, les opinions exprim?es dans le pr?sent message sont celles de l'auteur et ne sont pas avalis?es par l'employeur de l'auteur.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is not correct, some paths will keep pointing to C:\.
I can suggest you to take a look on the Admin Guide and follow the steps to perform an IDB. This will guide you to perform an restore using the GUI.
At this point you should have DP installed in the new location and the medium with the IDB backup imported.
Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

It looks like I fixed the path and now I have these errors (Attached)
I didn't use the document in installation because I have right now possible to backup old server IDB to the local file and when I was trying to import
It said - no media to import. That's why I jus copied DB80 and Config folders to new and started modify path.

Thanks,

ilya.godzin@bmo.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.

Le pr?sent message, ainsi que tout fichier qui y est joint, est envoy? ? l'intention exclusive de son ou de ses destinataires; il est de nature confidentielle et peut constituer une information privil?gi?e. Nous avertissons toute personne autre que le destinataire pr?vu que tout examen, r?acheminement, impression, copie, distribution ou autre utilisation de ce message et de tout fichier qui y est joint est strictement interdit. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu, veuillez en aviser imm?diatement l'exp?diteur par retour de courriel et supprimer ce message et tout document joint de votre syst?me. Sauf indication contraire, les opinions exprim?es dans le pr?sent message sont celles de l'auteur et ne sont pas avalis?es par l'employeur de l'auteur.
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'm glad to know that. 

You told that have others issues but I can't found any attachments .Could you please check?

Andres Fallas Salazar

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi Victor,
I am tiered to fight with fixing one by one. I am going to do as it said in the attached article.

I have only one problem - no tapes yet connected so I was trying to use to do backup of the old IDB to local file device.
When I do on the old server:
omnidownload -library FL1 -file "C:\tmp\FL1.txt"

and then on the new server:
omniupload -create_library "C:\tmp\FL1.txt" to restore the device.

But I cannot import the media. This is what I can see: and I cannot import as it said no
media
[cid:image001.png@01D4D02D.4BF0E050]

I can see
Thanks,

ilya.godzin@bmo.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @igodzin

The image you added is not visible. 

According to what you said, looks like the directories are pointing to another location. 

Do you have a chance to use a Jukebox instead of a File Library? Import those mediums could be easier than importing a File Library. 

Even that, if you have an LTO library could be better. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @igodzin,
Have you tested with the Jukebox?
Regards,
Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

I found the way to copy and move using local file. I just need to add media device manually. I restored everything using the migration doc not installation guide. And now everything started except hpdp-IDB-CP service.

In the same time 7116 stop working on production server.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.