Helpdesk_User Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

replication jobs start a session, but nothing then happens with the job in DP 9.07

I have some replication jobs which run from 1 storeonce to another, where i can see session starts i.e i get a job number 2018/01/16-xxx, but after a while in will disapear from the Monitor queue, but in the internal database - sessions you can see the job there, and it shows in progress. but if you read the messages for that job you only get the following

[Normal] From: CSM@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk "Job_Name" Time: 16/01/2018 05:00:11
Replication session 2018/01/16-153 started.

and nothing else.

If i start the job it generally works, so it seems to happen intermittently, as anyone seen this behavior before? I'm running DP 9.07

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: replication jobs start a session, but nothing then happens with the job in DP 9.07

Hello

At first step please upgrade to DP 9.09_116 and check the result. If issue still happen you will need to open support call and collect debugs reproducing issue.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Re: replication jobs start a session, but nothing then happens with the job in DP 9.07

Why is the answer always - upgrade DP. 

I find it massive headachine getting approval for upgrading DP, and all clients. I would defentitly look to do it if you can find release notes that say my issue is fixed in that version, but otherwise i'd like a better reason to upgrade other than it "may fix it"

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

If it helps, i've found every time the replication doesn't run i can see in event viewer under applications i can see the following event at the time the replication job should run. Any idea what is causing CSM.exe to crash?

Faulting application name: csm.exe, version: 9.0.109.0, time stamp: 0x5776e488

Faulting module name: ormapper.dll, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5776e43a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000048331

Faulting process id: 0x1edc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a16441542cab

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin\csm.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin\components\ormapper.dll

Report Id: 809a24b8-0d57-11e8-84e0-005056981af4

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: replication jobs start a session, but nothing then happens with the job in D

Hi Helpdesk_User,

@Helpdesk_Userwrote:

If it helps, i've found every time the replication doesn't run i can see in event viewer under applications i can see the following event at the time the replication job should run. Any idea what is causing CSM.exe to crash?

Most likely there is a bug in CSM causing this unexpected abort. Get the latest patches installed and this issue should simply go away.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.