Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

storeonce error storeonce device offline network error occurred or secure communication failed

Jump to solution

storeonce error storeonce device offline network error occurred or secure communication failed

My DP Version is 10.40.

In my Windows 2016 system, I can see Storeonce devices listed in Device manager inder other devices. WHich means Zoning is fine.

But getting error while I checj connection from device properties: "StoreOnce error: StoreOnce device offline, network error occurred or secure communication failed while contacting the StoreOnce device"

clipboard_image_0.png

Note: StoreOnce is working perfectly fine on other similar server (WIndows 2016).

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: storeonce error storeonce device offline network error occurred or secure communication failed

Jump to solution

Hello @Vivek Achar,

You must help me a bit here. So if I understand the problem you see a difference when the Data Protector INET service is running different users on the same node. The goal is to use the same account on all cluster nodes, but it is working only on one of the nodes. Is that true?

I had a case recently where we configured Oracle backups using Source-side deduplication to StoreOnce Catalyst. We found out that the account running INET must be local Administrator or Backup Operator. Is this the case on the cluster nodes?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: storeonce error storeonce device offline network error occurred or secure communication failed

Jump to solution

Hello @Vivek Achar

This error is a problem between the gateway and the StoreOnce device. What you need to check is that connection from gateway can be made to the StoreOnce using ports 9387 and 9388. Those are the default ports to connect to the StoreOnce. 

Confirm with your networking administrator that no firewall is blocking these connections. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello Victor,

I am using COFC stores... Configured Stores as COFC using COFS ID.  Even in this case does PORTS 9387,9388 are to be enabled?  I am using StoreONce IP only for management not for Data.

I dont see these ports LISTENING in both the WIndows Servers. But on one Server the connection and consecutive backup is successful. Only fails  connecting to StoreOnce from the other WIndows Server.

Port settings are same on both servers.  

Regards,

Vivek

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Vivek Achar,

What is the Data Protector version? Have you configured the (correct) CoFC address (found on the StoreOnce, Fibre Channel tab) or the IP/DNS in the B2D library configuration in Devices & Media? Is FC-fallback enabled on the gateway? How many "Other devices" do you see in Device Manager? Does this match with the amount of ports zoned and LUNs configured on the StoreOnce? After checking all this we can have a look at the debug_d2d.log on the client having problems.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Strange! Strange!! Strange!!!

There was issue of importing the said client as cluster aware. As this is fixed, I see now the client DB2 server can connect to StoreOnce.

I don’t know what was the real issue. Is it fixed after the node which is part of cluster is reconfigured with cluster aware agents.

Thank you all for the immediate response.

Regards,
Vivek
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi,

Found a strange issue with this...

If I use a account (ex dpadm. While reinstalling I have used domain admin account), MSL Library Auto COnfiguration & Connection to StoreOnce is SUCCESSFUL.

If I use another account (backupadm. This is service account with o logon locally permission), MSL Library Auto-Configuration & Cnnection to StoreONce is FAILING. For MSL Device fro DP GUI it displays.. NO Device Found.

Now the twist is...  the same backupadm account is used in another node of the same cluster, on whcig everything is working fine....

I am checking with System Administrator is there any Group Policy change between DPADM & BACKUPADM users. 

Anyone having any idea on this issues?

Regards,

Vivek

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Vivek Achar,

You must help me a bit here. So if I understand the problem you see a difference when the Data Protector INET service is running different users on the same node. The goal is to use the same account on all cluster nodes, but it is working only on one of the nodes. Is that true?

I had a case recently where we configured Oracle backups using Source-side deduplication to StoreOnce Catalyst. We found out that the account running INET must be local Administrator or Backup Operator. Is this the case on the cluster nodes?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Sebastian,
Yes the issue is similar. I have a SQL running and DP services needs to be using account BACKUPADM.

This user is part of Domain Administrators. Let me check with local administrators group and revert back.

If I use different user (backupadm) there is issue. If use DPADM, no issues with device autoconfiguration and connection to StoreOnce is fine BUT SQL backup can’t be taken.

Regards,
Vivek
0 Likes

Jump to solution

ON DB1:

DPADM & BACKUPADM..  none of these users are added in to Local Administrator Group. DP Service is running using BACKUPADM. Device Auto configuration, Connection to StoreOnce & SQL Backup are all successful.

On DB2: 

DPADM & BACKUPADM..  none of these users are added in to Local Administrator Group. there are two Scenarios...

1. DP Service is running using DPADM. Device Auto configuration, Connection to StoreOnce & SQL Backup are all successful.

2. DP Service is running using BACKUPADM. Device Auto configuration, Connection to StoreOnce & SQL Backup are all FAILING

Regards,

Vivek.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Sebastin,

THANKS  A LOT for your SOLUTIONS.

I have added both these users BACKUPADM & DPADM as part of local Administrators group. Restart INET. Device Auto Configuration & Connection to StoreOnce is successful. 

Note: On DB01 too the users were not pat of local Administrators... But somehow everything was working fine there.  Anyways adding these users as part of ADMINISTRATORS group on BOTH servers has resolved the issue.

Regards,

Vivek

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.