Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
indraw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

unable to add Adding Vcenter as a client in HP data protector 9.0

I am using HP data protectore 9.0 and want to backup the ESX VMs. I got stuck while adding vCenter into the client list of HPDP.

Even after giving right credentials of vCenter it says " Invalid username or bad password has been specified (Vsphere.com\administrator@vsphere.local). "

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 Replies
ranjithpk Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: unable to add Adding Vcenter as a client in HP data protector 9.0

Could you please try "Import Client" and select Vcenter Server and give the IP of Vcenter server. Using this you can take Vmware backups

Regards,
Ranjith
0 Likes
indraw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried that also but the imported Vcenter not shown in Interactive backup wizard.

Also I tried adding vCenter after using the Add Client option.

Error is :

[Warning] Invalid username or bad password has been specified (vsphere.com\administrator).

But I am sure that the credentials are correct.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Is this a virtual appliance? If so, import the server as vcenter and in the login specify: vsphere.local\administrator

Best regards
0 Likes
indraw Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I imported the Vcenter as u said but I am unable to take backup of VM inside vcenter.

while I adding the VCenter It giving the following Warning.
[Warning] Invalid username or bad password has been specified (vsphere.com\administrator). But I am sure that the credentials are correct.

I tried lot but not success yet

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi indraw,

can you describe the sequence of events. If you import a vcenter as client type Vcenter credentials you enter are not checked. 

What do you mean by "while adding" is this when you try to create a backup specification? Or you are trying to install some additional components on this Vcenter once it was imported ("add clients" or "add components" in GUI) 

0 Likes
Absent Member.. KloppYNWA69 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

As user Vsphere.com\administrator can you login to vsphere ok?

Make sure the vcenter client is imported as a normal client then re-import it as a vcenter vsphere client...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.