Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

vCenter adding issue in DP 10.2

Jump to solution

Customer has cell manager containing  DP 10.2 and CM OS is HP-UX 11.31.  Now they want to take VM backup through vCenter. So I have added vCenter appliance6.7  using SSO user and PW  in client option.

When I try to add in backup specification under virtual environment , it shown error as attachment.

So need suggestion from expert to solve the issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: vCenter adding issue in DP 10.2

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashraf_Islam84,

You should try to work with FQDNs rather than IPs for all of your clients. This is a best practive for basically every backup application.

Please validate if you can login to the vCenter WebUI with the user credentials you have configured. It does not need to be a SSO user. You can also use a Active Directory account. Just make sure you have the right set of permissions and there is no firewall blocking 443/TCP between the backup host and the vCenter server.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.02/VMwareConfigureIntegration

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashraf_Islam84,

You should try to work with FQDNs rather than IPs for all of your clients. This is a best practive for basically every backup application.

Please validate if you can login to the vCenter WebUI with the user credentials you have configured. It does not need to be a SSO user. You can also use a Active Directory account. Just make sure you have the right set of permissions and there is no firewall blocking 443/TCP between the backup host and the vCenter server.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.02/VMwareConfigureIntegration

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi  Sebastian ,

thanks for your message.

Here I can log in vCenter using  SSO user and PW in GUI. I have shared the image.

I have added vCenter appliance in client using SSO user and pw.  Mention that this SSO user is not the member in active directory.

I have select a linux client  as backup host when trying to add vCenter in backup specification;

(for backup host, can I use HP-UX client ??)

After attachment analysis, please suggest the solution plan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Ashraf_Islam84,

Valid backup hosts are Windows Server (2008 R2 - 2016) or Linux (SLES 11.x or 12.x, RHEL 6.x or 7.x, CentOS 7.x) only. You should try a different user and look into /var/opt/omni/log/debug.log on the Backup Host.

Do you have an user administrator@vsphere.local on the vCenter or is this the one you have used? Please keep in mind that Data Protector does not validate the credentials until you try to configure the integration (where you see the actual error).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi

As per your message, I found that my backup host OS is linux 5.4 , so it's not supported.

When adding vCenter, I used SSO user and password which is used for vCenter appliance Web GUI.

I will reply soon by update result.

One more query:  Since I use a linux client as backup host, so will it be slow during VM backup ? pls confirm also

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have used linux (OS-RHEL 6.5 )  as backup host  but it also don't meet the prequisite. As per support matrix , it needs LINUX minimum 6.7  but customer has not this in physical server.

So please confirm if we used VM (i.e RHEL 6.7) for backup host, is it supported or not ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Ashraf_Islam84,

You can use a physical backup host for NBD, NBDSSL or SAN transport backups. A virtual backup host (VM) can be used for NBD, NBDSSL or HotAdd transport backups.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Finally I can add vCenter with DP   after solution the port acess issue from network end.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.