Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

vSphere 4.1 and Data Protector 6.11

Hi Folks,

We are trying to use the native DP 6.11 integration with VS 4.1, due to VMware VCB EOL, but without results so far.

Other posts show this integration is not officialy supported with VS 4.1, and the Integration Matrix confirms it.

Please may you help us? Is there any patch or recommendation available to fix this issue? (using VS4.0 is not an option, sadly)

Hope someone from HP reads this,

Thanks a lot,

A.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please provide more details.
What is the problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Problem: Data Protector 6.11 integration not working under VMware Vsphere 4.1

Is there any pathc or procedure to make it work?

Thanks,

A.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Ask your local support guys for SSPNT_027. This should work for you.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

All I see the SSP enabling is the support for the VCB backup in 4.1. I have no received a response yet that implies the SSP implements vStorage API, so I'm assuming it to simply be the same ol functionality. But while VMware has extended VCB 1.5U2 to support 4.1, some of VMware's customer docs on it seem to imply it's not as simple come restore time as it used to be under 4.0.

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Good point.

- Restoring VMware Consolidated Backup images on vSphere 4.1

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1026944
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.