Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

what is the ports and services that we need to enable for dp remote deployment

sir, do i need to open telnet port 23/tcp from the installation server to backup server? as our installation server is unix, backup server (unix) and cell manager is windows, do i need to open telnet from cell manager (windows) tp installation server and backup server.

our remote deployment still not successful. i'm sorry i don't understand the communication between the cell manager, installation server and backup server during the agent deployment stage.

hope to hear from you. promise of good points. appreciate your advice do i need to open telnet port 23/tcp for remote deployment. thank you.

can see to my previous thread:
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1237379
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: what is the ports and services that we need to enable for dp remote deployment

hi,

Open 5555 port for remote installation and also any port from backup server, cell server and library.

Thanks,
Avinash
Great Power Comes With Great Responsibility
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: what is the ports and services that we need to enable for dp remote deployment

hi,
you are saying any port? would appreciate you can specify the port and services. what is services that we need to enable on the backup client? rsh? or something. please help
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The unix install uses remsh. So that port needs to be open. But the backups and console messages also need ports open. These are dynamically selected unless you restrict them in the configuration.

I have tried a remote install through a firewall, so I'm not sure if there are other ports besides remsh (tcp/513 I think)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dear dp guru,
- i need to open another one tcp/513. ive openned 22/tcp,512/tcp,7/tcp.
- "But the backups and console messages also need ports open. These are dynamically selected unless you restrict them in the configuration"
are u saying we need to open the ports (513,22,512,7) from for these 3 connection 1. cell manager to new backup server (bi-directional)
2. backup server to installation server (bi-directional)
3. installation server to new backup server (bi-directional)

- sir, do u have a network diagram or connectivity diagram how the remote deployment works?

hope to hear from you. thank you
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The ports I mentioned in the other topic should be the only ones you need fro installation purposes. After installation of course tcp/5555 should also be opened in both directions.

Please let me know which ports you have opened and in what direction (e.g. from installation server to client, from cliet to installation server or both).

Kind regards,
Patrick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

From my experince I've had to open port 5555 in both directions from any port. IE. open port 5555 to the client from the backup server and allow that connection from any port on the backup server.

Vice versa on the client side. Allow access to port 5555 on the backup server from any port on the client.

From what I've seen the backup server and client will always connect to port 5555 to transfer data but that connection does not come from port 5555. I think it comes from a range of ports defined in the backup. I'm not 100% sure where you define that range but I would like to know so I can lock down my access lists some more in the future.

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dear dp guru,
i've requested these ports to be openned for your verification and comments. our network team hv openned the ports.
1. cell manager to new backup server (bi-directional) - openned 5555/tcp, 12000 - 12100/tcp
2. installation server to new backup client (bi-directional) - openned 5555/tcp,12000-12100/tcp,23/tcp,22/tcp,512/tcp,7/tcp
3. cell manager to installation server(bi-directional) - openned 5555/tcp, 12000-12100/tcp

p/s: if you have
network diagram or connectivity diagram for the communication with ports, services, kindly email to me at finas83@gmail.com
hope to hear from you. thank you.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.