Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

when i backup by data protector 10.60 occur warning

Jump to solution

Hello I'm EO 

I used Data Protector 10.60

But I wondering abut  warning  like "Directory is a mount point to a different filesystem" 

and in backup Specification  occur like this error

djgotn89_0-1589723754706.png

when I click /root/boot like this message 

so i think when i backup this volume occur warning 

djgotn89_1-1589723920759.png

why occur this mesage ??

I wondering about this message

please tell me about this case

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: when i backup by data protector 10.60 occur warning

Jump to solution

Hello @djgotn89

Try to add this variable into ./omnirc file in the client server: OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1
The location should be /opt/omni/.omnirc and make sure do not have any extension like .txt or .tmpl

When added, restart the Inet and retry the backup. 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have this note but I don't know if this works, Maybe it'll give you some idea of how to fix your problem

12:1304 The mountpoint/file-system cannot be backed up. In this case you need to modify the file /opt/omni/lbin/.util. Search for i.e. -t ext3 or -t reiserfs, you will find it only once. Now you can insert -t nssvol. In this way the disk agent can discover the NSS volumes during the df process and the volumes are listed as separated mountpoints in the GUI. By the way this trick will also work for other filesystems on Linux; you only need to modify .util with the corresponding filesystem.

Regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @djgotn89

Try to add this variable into ./omnirc file in the client server: OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1
The location should be /opt/omni/.omnirc and make sure do not have any extension like .txt or .tmpl

When added, restart the Inet and retry the backup. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Actually  i was add OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT=1 in omnirc file

and then  restart xinetd 

But I can not resolved this issue 

And i have question 

when i see omnirc configure, there is no OB2_ALLOW_REMOTE_MOUNT_POINT 

So there is update omnirc??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Not all the variables are included in the template but you can add them. 

Did you confirm that .omnirc does not have any extension? 

Also, the variable should not have the # at the beginning. 

Andres Fallas Salazar

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.