Database and Middleware Automation 10.21 has been released!
HP DMA 10.21 is an incremental step forward, incorporating over 60 new or enhanced features when compared to HP DMA 10.20.
- Lifecycle management features are now fully supported for SQL Server 2014 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including discovery, provisioning, patching, compliance checking, code release management, upgrades and migrations, and test data management.
- SQL Server cluster patching has been enhanced to support rolling patches, which identify nodes in the cluster and then patch each node automatically, all while the cluster remains up and available to users.
- SQL Server has been enhanced to support in-place upgrades from SQL Server 2000 through 2012 to SQL Server 2012 R2 or 2014.
- Slipstreamed versions of SQL Server installation media are now supported.
- Incremental support for Sybase 15.7 discovery and provisioning.
- Incremental support for DB2 compliance and provisioning.
- Miscellaneous improvements to Oracle workflow processing, including support for patch conflicts.
- New options in the security model optionally require Administrators to enter passwords versus using predefined and stored passwords. Also, miscellaneous improvements to password management have been made.
- Significant effort has been made to standardize SQL Server workflows, improving prerequisite checking, moving this process to the first steps of a workflow, as well as standardizing workflow naming conventions to simplify administration.
- HP Product portfolio integrations and support for:
- HP Server Automation Ultimate Edition and Server Automation Premium Edition version 10.10
- HP Operations Orchestration 10.10
- HP Cloud Service Automation 4.1
- New documentation is now available in DMA 10.21, including:
- HP DMA Concepts Guide
- Best practices white papers for SQL Server and DB2
- Documentation Library – provides one-click access to all available DMA documentation
- The overall quality and reliability is a key focus of this release.
For additional information:
Refer to the following documents for additional information:
- HP DMA 10.21 Release Notes for complete information about the changes made in this release
- HP DMA 10.21 Support Matrix for specific details on the workflows that have changed, platforms where they are supported, required infrastructure, and supported targets
These documents are available at the following web site:
DMA 10.21 Documentation:
Click the Resources tab to open the documents.
Click below to download: