Absent Member.
Absent Member.


Has anybody had any luck getting Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Flash & InDesign CS4 working? I can get Illustrator & Photoshop to work, but the others are giving me a hard time. When I do a build & run they work. But if I try on a different machine I get a "Failed to Load Core DLL" or "MFC80U.dll" or "workspace.dll" error.
Using a clean XP install on a virtual machine to package them using ZAV 8.
I've tried including the .NET framework in the packages, but still, no luck.
Supposedly these applications are supported in ZAV.
Anybody got these to work?
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.


It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team

Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was able to virtualize all of these applications but acrobat. Due to the fact that acrobat puts the pdf writer on the machine, it does not work well as a virtualized app. How I virtualized them was I download the Adobe CS4 Deployment Toolkit and made "uberinstall" files for each application. I saved the files to an exteral hard drive where I had the source files loaded. I created a really stripped down version of WinXP on a machine (bare minimums) and loaded ZAV. I created an image of that so I could take the machine back to that image after I finished virtualizing an app. I would start ZAV and capture the before image, then run the "uberinstall" file for the app. After the "uberinstall" file ran, I would update the app and capture the difference and then build the app. I think I included flash and reader runtimes. I also included a java component on some but I don't remember which. Anyways I tested them on WinXP and Win7x64 and then worked. I loaded them up to ZCM and they seem to work really well from there. Let me know if you have any questions.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.