Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Office 2007 (OOB template) Please wait while configuring...

Quick query if anyone has had any succcess in stopping virtualised Office 2007 from looping through "Please wait while Microsoft Project 2003 is configuring..."

Basically the setup is virtualised office 2007 (latest zenworks) on machines that have office 2003 installed normally

VLK installation using the default template for Office 2007 that comes with zenworks

I've tried adding the norereg string to the virtual registry (and real registry just in case) which I've used in the past on traditional side by side installations and had no success
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bob9876;2017902 wrote:
Quick query if anyone has had any succcess in stopping virtualised Office 2007 from looping through "Please wait while Microsoft Project 2003 is configuring..."

Basically the setup is virtualised office 2007 (latest zenworks) on machines that have office 2003 installed normally

VLK installation using the default template for Office 2007 that comes with zenworks

I've tried adding the norereg string to the virtual registry (and real registry just in case) which I've used in the past on traditional side by side installations and had no success

Hi Bob9876,

I would strongly recommend that you go down the Microsoft APPV path, I tried using Zenworks for this particular task and it failed - I was not able to get any meaningful support from Novell to resolve this issue.

You should really consider APPV its an exception product.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yeah I'm looking into other solutions, it's a really dissapointing outcome as zenworks on the surface appears to function exactly like I want - however this one glitch causes it to be totally useless to me and my business (It also calls into question in my mind just how isolated it is as well)

I'd prefer to use the zenworks solution but I'll look into the Microsoft option as well as it sounds like it might better suit my needs (might have better documention for instance)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is actually a Microsoft issue and has nothing to do with Zenworks (as far as we have tested).
You will also get this error if you have MSO2003 and MSO2007 installed on the same PC. The cause for this issue is that the Advanced Text Services are turned on with Handwriting recognition. If you turn that off you should not get the "blah blah is configuring..." window.
What we have done is to include a reg key in all our virtual Office applications that turns it off:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF]
"Disable Thread Input Manager"=dword:0000001

You can also manually turn this off via:
Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Language TAB->Details...->Advanced TAB and check Turn off advanced text services.

Hope that helps.

- Joakim Jader
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.