Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wireshark??

This is probably a stupid question, but is there a way using hte MSI wrapper to virtualize Wireshark?

I know wireshark installs a Network Monitor driver, so I was wondering if there is a way to virtualize this component as well?

Probably not but it is worth a try.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kinda funny that you mention Wireshark, we were talking about that today to see if it was possible to virtualize that application, it never came to more than an discussion but I'm definitively interested to see if it works or not.

- Joakim Jader
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

jjader;1985022 wrote:
Kinda funny that you mention Wireshark, we were talking about that today to see if it was possible to virtualize that application, it never came to more than an discussion but I'm definitively interested to see if it works or not.

Yeah. I am not real confident it will work. Maybe someone who has strong knowledge using APP v could give us an idea.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I doubt you could virt the whole app due to the driver but its generally pretty easy to try it out. If its at all possible you would have to find and edit the proper folder/registry isolations but I highly doubt it would work. Though not all drivers are anti-virt... see below.

I am currently virtualizing these apps (4) that use USB devices that requires drivers. I extract the driver and install it to the host system, then virtualize the actual application. Works pretty good, not 100% virtual but better then nothing.

One of these applications not only have drivers to access the USB device but also drivers that read the data from the device. The drivers that read the device don't seem to have a problem running from within the sandbox. While the drivers to access does have issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.