Highlighted
gleahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZAV 8 - howto image fat cli/editable xml file on local PC...

I have a fat client we want to image with ZAV 8. The issue is that there is an xml file on each local PC similiar to a TNS file it needs to use. How do I use ZAV 8 with this fat client and be able to point to the xml file on each individual PC? I've already used ZAV 8 to create an image of gw802.
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
dandirk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZAV 8 - howto image fat cli/editable xml file on local P

As always there are a few options:

1. Include the xml in your virt... snap/config your app but don't build, add the file to the correct location in the files section. This will make the file pretty much static though, only the virt app would be able to edit it.

2. Use folder isolation settings to allow the virt app to see the xml file on the PC. Snap/config your app but don't build, in the files section add the folder path of your xml. Set isolation(for all folders in path based on need) to either merge or writecopy. I personally try to avoid merge if at all possible. look at the zav help section (search for isolation) to see a description of the isolation settings.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.