Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZAV and limited user

I am using ZAV 8.0 on a Windows XP workstation. I created an app (a childrens game) and the exe is stored on a novell volume. I double checked that the user has read and write rights to the location where the exe is stored. On the workstation, the user has very limited rights to the computer. I have the sandbox location set to the local workstation. It is:
@APPDATALOCAL@\Zav\XSandbox\@TITLE@\@VERSION@\@BUILDTIME@

I am distributing the exe using ZCM 10.3. When I run the app, I get the following error message:

failed to launch \\applocation\app.exe. Exit code: -1073741819

I checked on the local workstation, and the sandbox location is being created.

Any ideas why this app is not running?
Thanks.
matt
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You would only need read rights to the app volume as long as the sandbox is located somewhere else. Does the app run correctly if you don't use ZCM?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dholmesscsd;1997713 wrote:
You would only need read rights to the app volume as long as the sandbox is located somewhere else. Does the app run correctly if you don't use ZCM?

I have tried running the app without ZCM (just running it from the network drive) and the app does nothing.

I tried creating a new application from scratch with the same results.

It is almost as if I am missing some vital step in the creation of the app, but I have read the docs a hundred times.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Some apps just won't virtualize. Have you been successful virtualizing any other apps? I would recommend that you always build them in a VM with a minimal install of the base OS (least common denominator) you would like to run it on. In other words, if you want to be able to run the app on Windows XP or better (Vista, Win 7), virtualize your app under a VM'd version of XP. I use a base XP SP3 with no updates for all my snapshotting.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.